Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Friday, April 15, 2011

Rollercoaster Day

Well, I went from my own three children, to the mad pre-placement rush, to my own three children. All within a few hours. It's been an emotional afternoon. Whenever I've gotten a call for a child (both have been babies) I run around like a mad woman. I want to get in the shower right away for some reason. I guess it's left over knowledge that moms of babies don't get showers as often as they'd like, or for as long as they'd like. I fold all the laundry, so that will be out of the way, run the vacuum (no bits for baby to put in mouths), a prep a quick dinner. When the baby comes, I want to focus on the baby. I don't want to think about chores. I was stressing a tiny bit, I don't have much baby stuff left, I have equipment, but no bottles/diapers/wipes/formula etc. I was staying calm and hoping he would come with some of that stuff.

Well after all that was said and done, I got the call that he wasn't coming after all. His grandmother is going to take him. This is good news. One less baby in foster care and one less disrupted placement for us. I'm excited they called us so soon after we reopened the house, I thought they might be upset with us for closing it so quickly. I guess not! This call was proof to me that we did the right thing in opening the house back up! And it made me conscious of keeping up with the laundry, I've gotten a little slack lately. I've always said, one good way to keep your house in order is to know that a social worker can show up at any point. This was proven to me today. I was actually shocked at how quickly I whipped the house into social worker shape! And now I have a clean house and no laundry for the weekend! I hope everyone enjoys theirs! Also I'm crazy thankful that I didn't mention any of this to the kids. I was waiting for the 100% yes call. Whew!

2 comments:

Notsopc said...

Have a good weekend yourself.. Wish i was there and could see the pratice tomorrow.. have fun with Steph..

HalesMom4 said...

Have a great weekend :)All things work in God's timing!