When I had my anxiety attacks last November, I had a horrid doctor. I felt like he saw a hysterical women. He threw drugs at me and away I went. Well after ended up in the ER, I went to OB for a scheduled appointment. Even though anxiety is not her specialty, she sat and listened to me. She set me up with a therapist appointment and told me not to take the drugs that Dr. Doesn't Care prescribed. She did give another prescription, but only after listening to me first. After that episode, I found a new doctor. A friend at church is a NP at another office. The doctor she works with is listed in another county, he never popped up in my insurance listings. Well, I found out that he is covered and so is she. So I officially got to go see her. I know for a fact that my attacks wouldn't have been so severe if I had been able to go to her first. She actually called me from Sunday School to explain a few things to me and to calm me down during an attack! She's been awesome. I've even switched the kids to her office as well.
So, TMI alert. My period was 8 days late. I am never late, to the minute 28 day cycle. I had 6 negative pregnancy tests, so I called my OB, she is an RN. She tested for baby again, and nothing. So she immediately drew blood. I have an elated Prolactin level. It's the chemical that is released when a woman nurses, delaying their period. (Ironically, I never missed a period while nursing) So it's a pituitary gland issues. Most cases is a benign tumor on the gland. I have a MRI scheduled for next Tuesday. The point of all this, is that most doctors won't test blood until a period is missed for 3 months. My doctor saw my concerned and knew of my anxiety and tested right away. I tested at 3pm yesterday and she called me at 8:30am with the results and had my MRI scheduled by 9:30am. I'm so thankful and she took that time to call herself. I'm thankful for these two women who really care about me as a person and as a woman. They are both amazing at their jobs. I'm thankful that they seem to love their jobs and their patients. I'm so blessed and thankful to have them taking care of me!

1 comment:
Love this and it is so so true. Not that I didn't love my last Doctor cause I did but I will take the NP first any day of the week!
Post a Comment