Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!
Sunday, April 17, 2011
Day 15--Ollie's
So I just wrote a blog about being thankful for our safety during the storm last night (and a bunch of other stuff) so I'm going back to the little things that I'm thankful for. Today, it's Ollie's Bargain Outlet. If you've never heard of this fabulous little place, it's great. It's similar to a Big Lots, but way cheaper. Our Ollie's always has great books. But today it's about the food. You do have to watch the expiration dates, but most of it is "good by" dates and not "you're going to get ill if you eat this" dates. The other day I decided to grocery shop for two weeks. I went to Ollie's for their snack foods and cereals. I got 5 boxes of Chex Mix granola bars (30 bars) 3 boxes of mixed Nature Valley bars (36 bars) 3 boxes of Pop Tarts (36 tarts) 3 boxes of fruit snacks (30 packs) 3 boxes of cookies (30 packages) a box of snack pack Teddy Grahams (10) a box of Teddy Grahams, 3 boxes of cereal, 2 boxes of pasta mix, and a bag of Ziploc sandwich bags, for $33.00. It's going to last more than two weeks! I have to hid some of it to last until the next week or they will eat it all, but I was so thankful for the good deals to feed my ever starving crew!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Andrea- I am feeling so squirrely, after the devastation that reaked havoc on our community last night, and wondering what is going to happen with the kids and school. So....after the noon press conference, I am headed to Oliie's courtesy of your suggestion, and I am gonna engage in some " retail therapy ". Thanks for the good idea...
Love,
e.
I love that YOU are now hiding snacks.. It all comes round full circle..
Nancy
Post a Comment