Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 24--Brave Little Boys

I have a fear of frogs. Big ones, little ones, tree frogs, and toads. Ick! This all stems from a sweet 16 birthday party. My friend Brandy's boyfriend thought it would be funny to put a frog down the back of my shirt. It peed on me and permanently traumatized me. Point: I do not like frogs. So this morning, I was going about my daily chores and had a basket of laundry. I was heading upstairs and right there in my kitchen about 3 feet from me was a huge frog. (huge, in my mind, it was probably only egg sized). My cat was standing next to it, about 1.5 feet away. He never noticed, never made an attempt to save me. Cat Fail!

I then beat on the bathroom door. Jermaine (Brandy's husband) was in there. I was completely gender bias and assumed Army Strong man would save me from the frog. Nope, no help at all. He stood in the kitchen with my Tupperware for some reason. I then called in Jackson (thinking he was the frog lover). He chased the frog into the pantry and with some squealing, managed nothing. At this point I was on top of the couch shaking. I yelled for Sam. He came in with a "I like froggies!" He moved the trashcans and in two seconds flat "Got Him" and took Mr. Frog outside! So for my sweet, gross, frog-loving little boy. I am very very thankful. Otherwise, I might still be on the top of couch. Jermaine might still be frozen in the kitchen with Tupperware. And Brandy would still be sleeping. :)

3 comments:

Notsopc said...

I would have loved to see that....

Steph @ Halfway to Somewhere said...

Hahaha!!! That is so very "Sammy"! I can hear him saying "I like froggies"!!!

Tiffany said...

I'm really sorry that you were once again traumatized by a frog in your house - but this story is hilarious! Especially the image of you on the couch, Jermaine standing there with Tupperware, Brandy somewhere sleeping and Sam saving the day :)