Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 2--Flip Flops

I love love love flip flops. I wear them until my toes turn blue and I'm forced to enclose them into shoes. I hate shoes. I don't know. I don't remember wearing flip flops as a kid. I specifically  remember "no open toe or backless shoe" law in high school. I think I started wearing them when I was pregnant and as big as a whale. My hot swollen feet went from a 7.5 to an 8.5 and I didn't want to buy new shoes. So flip flops it was! Last year towards fall, I hit a sale at Old Navy and got over a dozen pairs for .45 cents each. I was so thrilled!!! The second part of this is that I love to be able to wear flip flops and not be freezing! Today it's going to be 80! I cannot wait. I also love that I live in a little town where flip flops are a perfectly acceptable form of footwear. No need for designer brand shoes around Walmart :) I'm off to enjoy this perfect day. I hope you enjoy yours as well.

3 comments:

Jermaine Walker said...

You love me. That is all. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the colors, and also would like to warn you not to let my sister near your flip flop collection. Somehow mine has a way of becoming hers whenever she gets near it. :-)

Holly Aytes said...

I too love flip flops! I wear them until I can't bear it and then break them out as soon as it starts to warm up. In fact, I have been known to have on jeans and a fleece pullover and flip flops :) My favorites are those Yellowbox ones...they are soooo comfortable!