Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 6--God's Timing

I've been running an idea around in my head for awhile. I have such a heart for this this shelter. Our foster son, J, came from this shelter. His mother needed help and agreed to give him up, in turn we got to have J in our home for 8 months, a joy I wouldn't exchange for anything. It's a shelter for abused women and their children. It's an amazing place and they do good work. I've been wanting to help out there for some time, but the volunteer training is every night for awhile. It's just nothing something we can work into our schedule right now. So I've been buying items from their wish list that they need. We take a bag once a week. Shane took cupcakes on his birthday to share with the residents. (We don't actually go to the house, there's an office we use). Okay, all that to say: I've been trying to figure out a way to do more. Enter Ladies Bible Study.

Our Tuesday night group has started back a few weeks ago. There are two new ladies that are actually in the shelter. They are amazing women of God. And such an inspiration. Today our wonderful group leader asked me to be in the lead for a way for our Bible study to help out at the shelter! I love God's timing in this whole thing. So I went today to drop off a bag of donations today at the office. I asked the woman in charge what we could do as a group. She kind of chuckled. This afternoon is their monthly meeting where they discuss what is needed and how volunteers can help out. So I'm waiting for the call to see what we can do as a group. I just love how I've been thinking about this, Heather emailed me asking to head this up, and today is the meeting where they discuss it. I'm so excited to see where God is moving with all of us working together!

2 comments:

Heather said...

That's awesome! I love how there was even more to this story than just our emails last night and today. God is just awesome when He shows off!! And, I'm with you, I can't wait to see where this takes us.

Shell said...

I really believe God is moving in our group. I am not sure what has changed (us probably LOL) but it is different in a good way this time! I think it is wonderful that you are open to what God wants you to do and I am excited to see how we can help. Maybe they need eggs LOL!