Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Friday, April 22, 2011

Powerless

We have all the power on our side to protect those little children who need a home because of lack of parenting. We have certificates and letters of recommendation. We have classes under our belts and background checks. We have finger print checks and social workers on speed dial. We have a beautiful little girls room. We have all the power and ability to take care of a strangers' child and yet we're powerless to save the two little girls that mean the most to me.

Send for an emergency visit and you'll find a spotless house and a stocked pantry. You'll find two sleeping angels in rooms filled with toys. You'll see a  pretty young mother that will smile at you and convince you nothing is wrong. And to your eye, these children are well taken care of.  See the thing with emotional abuse you can't see it and save them from it until it's done it's damage. You won't see what has happened. A little girl forced to curse out her grandmother, a little girl told horrid things about her family that she loves, and a daddy that has to leave the house just to hear some silence.

So here I sit at 2:30am thinking of those precious girls and wondering why with all this power to help the helpless, I can't help them.

2 comments:

Shell said...

I am so sorry Andrea. I know how you feel. One of the hardest things I have ever done was to come home from a visit to Texas a few years ago. Just to get in the car and drive away leaving my two precious nephews in a crappy situation. It is heart breaking and I am sorry you are having to deal with it.

Notsopc said...

And one day it will be all okay.. really it will..