Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Day 18--Open Windows


just one of my windows
I am thankful for this house and all its windows. Our old house had a huge picture window that didn't open. It drove me crazy for years, besides that there was a sliding glass door, one kitchen window, one bedroom window in 3 rooms. So only four windows all together. There are 6 windows in just my living room in this house, plus french doors, two kitchen windows and two bedroom windows, just downstairs. I love open windows. I love fresh air. I could never be a person that kept my house locked up tight. Curtains blowing in the breeze make my heart happy. I keep my windows open until the last possible minute before closing them for summer and the A/C and open them the minute it's fall and keep them open until it's just too cold. There's just something so welcoming about open windows, it makes a house seem friendly. I love hearing the shouts of my children waft in through the breeze and the sounds of neighbors mowers or music. This is my most favorite time of year! A few candles going and the breeze comes in and spreads the aroma around the house and it seems clean, even if it's not :)

1 comment:

Notsopc said...

summer breeze makes me feel fine... It's a song...Enjoy your day.