Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Day 21 Part 2---My kitchen window.


So I have another blog in mind for tomorrow. I realize I could save this blog for another day, but usually the idea for a particular day comes to me during that day. It's been really cool to see something that I see everyday and realize that "hey I'm really thankful for this, it would make a good blog." I've really enjoyed the daily discovery! So for part two of today's blog, I'm thankful for my kitchen window. You have to know the back story. I've lived in two houses before this one (as an adult) and both times when I washing dishes I was staring at a wall. The apartment had a beige apartment wall. Boring. Our first home had a fake brick panel and an inset with a little shelf. Ick. One of my hopes for our new house was a kitchen window over the sink. Well I got two!!!
View to the right.
View to the left

I love my kitchen window. We have a dishwasher (finally) so I don't actually wash dishes that often, but the windows are so big that I can see the yard whenever I'm in the kitchen, which is often. My azaela bushes are huge and are at the height of the windows. I have my little knickknacks on the sill. Over the windows I have my 'collection' hanging. I love finding cool things to hang. I have a few mobiles from La Push, a few that were given as gifts, and a few fun thrift store finds.And above the window are some of my primitive signs. So for my amazing kitchen windows, I am thankful.







1 comment:

Notsopc said...

Love the kitchen window.. Don't think I could live without one..