Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!
Friday, April 15, 2011
Day 13--The Ringing of the Phone
Well after attempting grocery shopping for a two week time frame. I drug in dozens of bags, the boys helping. I put half away when I heard the "beep beep beep" of the answering machine. (Yes, I have a machine and not a voice mail account) So I listened and my social worker is sounding all rush "call me if you get this soon, if not call the supervisor" So I called, of course she's not there. Fingers trembling, I dialed wrong and had to try again. The supervisor comes on the line and says "what do you know?" I KNOW NOTHING. So long story short, there is a five month old coming into care. They are trying to find his grandmother, so it'll only be short visit with us. (probably) But it's our first call since we opened the house back up! So he said they have to wait to the end of the work day for grandma to call back. So in about 3.5 hours, the phone will be ringing and I may or may not have a baby boy for a few weeks (probably). So I'm waiting for the phone to ring, it's rang three times since that first call. I'm jumping every time. And shouting "QUIET PLEASE IT'S IMPORTANT." Oh, never mind. So for my very loud ring tone, I'm thankful!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh! Do you have a squishy, bouncy boy now???
Not yet, I should know in 2.5 hours.
Post a Comment