Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Friday, January 6, 2012

Cells for supper?

Our first week back went really well. Lots of learning. Little complaining. Today we finished up the week with an edible cell. Well in theory it was supposed to be edible, it looked gross to me. They ate the nucleus though (the gumball) and they labeled all the parts of the cell. Jackson even one uped me. I asked what we needed to turn the animal cell into a plant cell. He said "it already is" I argued that it was missing the cell wall. He said "the cup is the cell wall, it's hard and around the cell membrane." Score one for Jackson.
Daydreaming out the window.



I sometimes worry about Sam :)

Edible Cell Experiment. 


Nucleus

Adding nucleus to the cell membrane

Cell!



Not a good one of all three....




1 comment:

Notsopc said...

Those boys are just too cute.. Lots of fun learning this week.. and a score one for Jack..