Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

I Should Be....

I should be offended. I went to pick M up. He didn't come to me. Not only did he not come to me, he cuddled into Ms. M. I should be hurt. I couldn't. Her smile was so proud. My heart was so full. His family loves him. His family wants him. He loves his family. How can I be hurt by that. Do I want him to leave? No, of course not. But his staying is just not the case. It makes it finitely easier to say goodbye when he leaps from my arms to theirs. Knowing he'll be loved and kept safe as if their lives depended on it, that makes it easier. So I'm not offended. I couldn't be happier about the outcome of this case. It could have been so bad. So if he has to leave, I'm thankful he's leaving to a house of love. 

1 comment:

Notsopc said...

And that is a big DITTO for me too..