Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Stigma?

Ever since I began to experience anxiety symptoms, women of been coming out of the woodwork to encourage me. It's mind boggling really. I've heard so much of "oh, I had that really bad." "oh that happens to me all the time" "I've dealt with it for years." With all of this, I can't help wonder why there is still such a stigma on anxiety and depression. I guess because from the outside so many people look 'normal' and maybe they want to keep up that facade. I know I do. I don't want to be sobbing to my doctor at 8pm. I don't want to have teary eyes when I'm in public. I don't want to turn bright red and hands tingling at the oncoming effects. Yet, it's still kept so quiet. I'd love a close group that could discuss symptoms, what works for you, what meds you're on, what natural stuff, therapists, phrases. What works for you? How do you feel? Let's get talking. Let's not keep it in the dark, let's not feel alone anymore.

No comments: