Holy Moly! God is good. People are amazing! So on Sunday we had a short testimony time. I wasn't going to say anything. Standing in front of the church is not my favorite place to be. I felt the heat prickle on the back of neck. It's the same feeling I get each time I feel I have to go to the front to say something. So I did. I talked about Suitcase of Love. I didn't name it. I did say that I wasn't plugging it yet. I didn't have all the details. I just talked about what I wanted to do for the kids in our local foster care systems. I gave the simple facts that I've already told you. Kids leave the system without luggage. They leave with their belongings in trash bags. I want to change that.
Fast forward to tonight at Bible Study. There was a new lady in there. I've never met her, she's never been to study (that I know of). She asked "are you the young lady that talked about the suitcases?" I said I was, but it wasn't launched yet. She said "well I have three brand new large suitcases in my trunk." !!!!!! Then two other ladies started talking. Then a few more. It's pretty amazing. I think this is really going to take off. I'm so amazed. I shouldn't be, our church is great! But wow!

5 comments:
Yay! Sometimes you just gotta jump into it, huh?
How exciting!! Isn't that so like God to give you confirmation and encouragement when you step out in obedient faith?! God is so good!
Yeah.....
Congrats! I have a feeling you are going to have more suitcases than you know what to do with shortly :) Maybe have to send some to a neighboring county LOL Sure wish you were closer I would love to give to this...I believe this will mean so much to the kids!
tears! and Im at work! Yet, there are still tears!
Post a Comment