The blog I follow over at Pitter Patter Art posted a yummy looking recipe. It was SO SIMPLE. I haven't had the best of luck with new recipes lately. This was a winner. I got 5 thumbs up and a few toes too. Even the baby loved the pieces of it. So here's the recipe for you to try. Get ready. 2 frozen chicken breast (this fed my family of 6 with leftovers) 1 can black beans, 1 can fiesta (or Mexicorn), a packet of taco seasoning, and salsa to taste. That's it. Drain the corn only, add everything to crock pot. 8 hours on low or 4 on high.
Then comes the fun part. You can serve this all different ways. You can shred the chicken and add it back to the pot and serve as a soup. You can shred the chicken and separate it from the beans and corn. Serve as a taco meat and toppings. You can make a salad and eat with tortilla chips. We had a great time with it. We used tortilla chips and soft taco shells. I also made rice. I just used 1 cup water and 1/2 salsa brought to a boil and added 1.5 cups of instant rice. We added tomatoes and lettuce. Cheddar and sour cream, but that's all up to you. It would be good out of the pot with a fork.
4 comments:
YUM.... I'm going to try that.....and skype your nieces ..
That's pretty much chicken stuff except I don't put in taco seasoning so you could add cream cheese, too. But I know your crew didn't like that. I love new dinner hits!
That's pretty much chicken stuff except I don't put in taco seasoning so you could add cream cheese, too. But I know your crew didn't like that. I love new dinner hits!
we make this except I just use already shredded chicken and it is a soup for us...never thought it could be something else :) will be giving that a try. thanks.
Post a Comment