One of my resolutions this year was to do many acts of kindness. Random is my style. I follow a great blog at Pitter Patter Art and she and her kids did random acts of kindness for the Advent season. It was rather inspiring. She had just lost her mother very suddenly and is in the middle of an adoption. Yet, all season she and her husband and their three small children did all sorts of great things. So it was part of my resolve, more kindness. I've been stockpiling small gifts cards every time we visit somewhere. Lots of Starbucks and Chick-fil-A. I, myself, don't drink coffee, but it's right next to the yummy fries of Chick-fil-A. So with a wallet full of gift cards we have set out.
So here's the thing. I have the kids do it. I love the idea of them giving out the cards. I watch from the truck. Don't worry, I'm park really close and they don't go up to cars. I have no problem paying for the customer behind me in line at Wendy's or paying someone's toll at the bridge, but I can't just walk up to someone and hand them a gift card. I don't know why. My boys, however, my boys love it. They fly out of the car like some sort of superheroes. The run across the lot and surprise someone. Today's man fist bump them all. So for all the awkwardness that is their mother, they aren't the least bit shy. May they always stay willing to jump out of a car to be kind to a stranger.

3 comments:
I bet they thought the fist bump was cool.. Good kids there..
So sweet!
That is really nice...I hadn't thought of buying gift cards and randomly giving them out! I am like you, no problem paying for the person behind me :)
Post a Comment