My friend posted a link on her facebook page. It was all about what food people eat in other countries and how much they spend per week. We used this for our school today. We looked through all the pictures and discussed how much people spend, what was on their table, and other ideas. We talked about the less developed countries and how little food they had for their large families. I aimed this more at Jackson who has become so picky! I asked him if he thought these kids would refuse their dinner. Would their mommy's told them to go make a PB&J? I then had them draw we we ate each week compared to what other countries ate.
Also on a side lesson. They keep saying "we're starving" because of events that have transpired here, I was getting sick of hearing that. I've been trying to get them to say "we're hungry" so to just blast to the point of it, I showed them pictures of starving children. I think they got the point. It might have been harsh, but they just weren't getting it. I'm also sick of the pickiness and the wasting of food. Hopefully this will impact them a little bit.
So that's it for Teaching Tuesday!
1 comment:
Coolio!!!
Post a Comment