Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Monday, May 16, 2011

Manic Monday

Actually my weekend was Manic-less. The boys went camping starting at 2pm on Friday and didn't come home until 12 on Sunday. My house stayed cleaned, laundry was minimal, barely any dishes, and to tell you the truth. I was BORED! It was nice to have the quiet. I did have tiny here with me, but he doesn't talk or create messes. After the first day, around 10:30, I was bored. Everything was in its place, no one to teach, no games to go to, no shouting or yelling, no giggles. BORING.

I was created to be a mommy of many. I was created to be surrounded by gross little boys who want to surprise me with frogs and flowers. Now, don't get me wrong. I adore quiet time, I love getting dinner with friends. But a whole weekend in my own home alone, too much. My house was lonely. I wasn't created to live in a spotless home without piles of laundry. I was glad when they got home. I missed them.

*side note. I can do weekends away from home, just fine. They are rare, but I enjoy them so much. It's being alone in my own home, that I don't like.

2 comments:

Notsopc said...

You should have come home..Now we think of it..

Holly Aytes said...

I am the same way...love a night alone but a whole weekend in my house with no kids is too much! Now when I am away for the weekend it isn't any big deal!