Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Friday, November 5, 2010

November Thankfuls Day 5

I'm thankful to Heather at Crazy Messy Loud, for her fantastic approach to Christmas presents. For the last few years, I've been wanting to get away from the loud plasticness of Christmas. Of having a pile of toys under the tree that are enjoyed for a moment and then tossed into a corner. Heather has a great way to doing this. She does "something to read, something to share, something to play with, and something to wear" Each gift is thoughtful and unique to each child. This year, Johnny and I, talked about and decided this is what we will do this year. And the best part, I'm done with one kid and the other two only need their "something to wear" It was so fun picking out gifts personal to each boy. I'm thankful for the down time I'll have come December, time to reflect on the year, time to spend as a family at night instead of running around town, thankful for the extra time to volunteer. So to Heather and your great mind, I'm thankful.