Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Sunday, November 14, 2010

November Thankfuls Day 14


First and foremost, I am thankful for my husband's job! The shipyard went through layoffs last Friday and his job is safe. Granted he's only 1 of 2 men out of 16,000 that are qualified to his job, but you never know. His crew was also safe. So that's the biggie for today. I really am sad for the over 300 that lost their jobs right before the holidays.

But aside from the serious stuff. I was able to get ten whole minutes alone this morning before my crew starting waking up. My kids go to bed early. I get night time alone, but rarely get morning time alone. I prefer it this way, but sometimes it's nice to get ready without kids running amok. I was able to make my favorite breakfast. Before you eww, you must know I don't like breakfast foods. My breakfast is fairly simple and usually comes in bar form. I was that person at Burger King when they had the "Burgers for Breakfast" campaign. It's not that I don't like to cook, I just don't care for the food. I like leftovers and real food for breakfast. All this to say, my breakfast time was quiet this morning and for that I am thankful. And for the invention of my favorite morning things.



Since I don't drink coffee and I quit soda almost two years ago, Crystal Light with caffeine has been a life saver. I love love love these Caramel Corn Rice Cakes, I usually top them with peanut butter. So yummy. So  to you the breakfast of champs, I am thankful.

1 comment:

Holly Aytes said...

So glad that his job is safe. I feel sorry for anyone who loses their job but especially before the holidays. Being 1 of 2 that can perform a certain job sounds like pretty good job security :) Yeah for you giving up soda...I cut way back a few years ago but haven't been able to quit completely. I allow myself 1 Dr Pepper a week or if we go to the movies I get one. I gotta have my coffee in the morning...that is normally my breakfast. I too like those rice cakes...haven't tried them with peanut butter will have to try that.