I got up and got dressed and all that jazz and I opened my curtains. When our neighbors destroyed all the trees and built as house, I wasn't all that happy. We bought a house surrounded by trees and now we had a neighbor. Anyway, they are seriously nice people. They tolerate my kids and my annoying dogs, so all is well :) Steve (the neighbor) blew all the leaves into a pile last night. My first thought was that he was bored or sick of looking at our leaves. He's mowed our lawn a few times when he saw me push mowing. He's a really nice guy. So yesterday he was blowing the leaves and I saw Sam starting to jump into the pile. I felt badly he did all that work and my three boys were going to destroy it in minutes. (remember this, I'll get back to it)...anyway, upon opening the curtains, I saw a site similar to this:
But bigger. The lab next door has ELEVEN puppies. I walked out onto to the deck and squealed, they told me to come over. So at 8am in flip flops walking through the frost, I spend 15 minutes with sweet baby puppies. She had ELEVEN, mostly chocolate with a few black ones. They are sooooooo cute. I love puppies. Okay, back to the leaf story. So I was telling them about Steve blowing the leaves and that I was sorry that his work would be wasted. And she said that he probably did that so that they could jump in them. She went on about how he raves about my kids to people and how they are 'real' kids, always playing and getting into stuff. And how polite and well mannered they are. She said "he's always singing your praises" I've barely talked to this man. It was so nice to hear a good thing early in the morning, and the puppies didn't hurt either! So for all that, I am thankful!

1 comment:
Oh look at those adorable, squishy, wiggly pups! It just makes me giddy!
Post a Comment