I'm here. It's been a weird few weeks. We had our child from
The Fresh Air Fund from the 1st to the 8th. It was a crazy week. Crazy I tell you. The speech they give you is something along the lines of "they want fresh air, they want to run and play, they want campfires and lighting bugs." So we did all that and more. It was so hot last week, that it was hard to get outside, we waited until the weekend when Johnny was home to do that stuff. During the week, we did stuff like, the movies, bowling, lunch out, Sweet Frogs ice cream, and the pool. Johnny did the outside stuff, camping, hiking, water play, baseball, and all that stuff. We had a great week. He was upset the first night, but after that he was good.
By Friday, everyone was tired and the boys were all comfortable with each other to start acting like brothers. But all in all it was a great experience that we hope to do again next summer. He was so excited about everything we did and declared everything "the best". The best bowling alley, the best ice cream, the best movie theater. If you live anywhere on the East Coast from Canada to Virginia, I suggest you check out the link and see if you could open your home for a week for some fun!
 |
| Welcoming the bus. |
|
 |
| Baseball. |
 |
| This freaked him out a bit. |
 |
| Love this! |
 |
| On a hike. |
 |
| Water fun. |
 |
| Park Time. |
 |
| Swimming in Swamp Water. |
 |
| This WAS NOT posed, we found them like this! |
 |
| County Fair. |
 |
| Bowling |
 |
| Piling on the topping at Sweet Frogs. |
 |
| Arcade. |
 |
| Very excited to be at the beach. |
 |
| The Smurfs |
 |
| Chick-fil-A Spirit Night. |
 |
| Another Fair Shot. |
 |
| Campground Pool. |
6 comments:
What an insane week!! I can't believe how much stuff you packed in, but it does sound like a success.
Wow! What a busy week. I bet everyone is worn out!
Wow...y'all packed a lot into a week! Sounds like our time in Memphis..we did something every day! I was so tired by the end of our trip there :) That is really a neat idea...and how great of y'all to do it! Glad the little guy ended up enjoying himself :)
Very proud of my nephews. I love the type of environment where everyone eventually feels like family. I hope our house always feels that way.
Yeah Fun time for all.. I bet he is still saying " And did I tell you we did this???
The boots...
I love seeing families make a difference one CHILD at a time. Hope you inspire many to follow :-)
Post a Comment