Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

M is For....

If you sing it like Cookie Monster, that's how it sounds in my head. Anyway. M is for my baby! I found this treasure at the thrift store for $.45!!!! It was hot pink and now it's a great blue shade! I love it!

7 comments:

Jermaine Walker said...

Colors and gender really fascinate me. I mean, really, I'm not trying to tease you or anything. But isn't it interesting that purple and pink are designated as girl colors, and blue is the only one awarded to boys?

It's really ingrained in our culture, but it's just a certain portion of the light spectrum reflecting off of an object, people! It even gets me, sometimes, I'll admit. But it just blows my mind.

Jermaine Walker said...

And why don't the other colors have a gender?

Notsopc said...

Jermaine it is what it is..purple and pink is girls... Men can make up their own minds if they want to wear purple or pink.... Boys that can't defend themselves yet don't wear purple or pink... they can wear green, blue, black, yellow, red, and most any other color but.. Purple and pink are girl colors in any shade.. I think somewhere God might have even said it.....
also Andrea I did sing M is for..... he good enough for me...etc...

Andrea said...

It is ingrained in our culture. It is weird, who made the rule that pink is girl and blue is boy, but it is what it is. Besides hot pink didn't go with my theme. This is actually a cool turquoise with a burnt orange over top, while the turquoise was still wet.

Andrea said...

Oh crap, I just said the same thing as my mom. LOL.

Jermaine Walker said...

There's a shocker. ;)

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

Hi, Andrea
Great find on the letter M.. Thanks for stopping by and following my blog.. Good luck on the giveaway and your hopeful adoption. Great idea for the banner.