Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

My Mastermind Children.

So once upon a time my brother had an art project to do. They were to draw a bird. My 8 year old little brother drew a fantastic bird. Big, bright and colorful. Exactly what was asked of him. Well, then my 8 year old little brother put a worm in the birds' beak. The worm had a word bubble "Help Me Help Me." The teachers got mad at him. They made my mother come in for a conference. My brother never cared for school much after that. Today we drew dinosaurs. Jackson's is a very spiky dinosaur standing under a sunny sky with beautiful puffy clouds. In the dinosaurs mouth is a human flailing for it's life. Shane's dinosaur is eating it's own arm. He's so hungry that he's eating his own arm. I wonder what my brother's third grade teacher would have to say about these two drawings. I think she'd have my children in an institution. I love that I can laugh at my boys and know there is nothing wrong with them other than they have fun imaginations!


1 comment:

Notsopc said...

I wish I still had that picture.. It was so good.. Poor worm...