Ten years ago I was barely 20. I was 6 weeks pregnant. I was 127 pounds. I was getting married to a man I'd only known for 6 months. Ten years ago, I thought I knew it all. Ten years ago, I took a walk down an aisle. Ten years ago, I didn't realize how slim our chances were. Ten years ago I said "I do."
I still do. I love my amazing husband more than air. We've only grown stronger and closer in the last decade. Ten years later and I'm barely 30 and he just turned 29. Ten years later we have a 9, 7, and 5 year old boys. Ten years later we've had three foster children in our home. Ten years later we've conceded, changed, moved, rearranged, grew, fell, got back up again, and landed a perfect 10. Ten years later, we're a church going, homeschooling, foster care family. Ten years ago, I couldn't have imagined this amazing beautiful life I had waiting for me.
 |
| Notice the Pepsi, we weren't old enough to have champagne. |
Today, ten years to the day, I will renew my vows with my husband. My 9 year old will walk me down the aisle of a church I never imagined myself in. Ten years later we will light the same unity candle we lit a decade ago. So to my fantastically wonderful husband, thank you for the last ten years. I'd do it all over again! Here's to many more decades of happiness!!!!
6 comments:
That was so sweet! I have thought about doing a vow renewal before (sure wish I could fit into my old gown for it LOL) but haven't yet...maybe next year since it will be a biggie, 15 yrs! Can't wait to see some pics from today's renewal :)
Have a great day today..Ten Years WOW!!!!
Holly, thanks, but I am so not even close to wearing my old gown. :)
Congratulatons Andrea & John! I know as well as ya'll have done these last 10 years,proves how much better the next 10 years will be!!!!!!! Happy Anniversary!!!
Johnny looks so much like Shane in that 2nd picture!! Congrats!!! Have a wonderful anniversary! =)
I'm absolutely blubbering. I love you guys.
Post a Comment