Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Mommy Made Travel Journals.

So a lady from church gave me tons of free books. Most of them are homeschooling books. I grabbed a few of the older ones with cool covers. The actual pages weren't in great shape and they really smelled like old books. Normally I like that smell, but this was way too much :) Anyway, I thought the covers were cool and could be used for something. We've been reading a series of books called "The Millers" and one chapter they went for a hike and the kids had travel journals. The boys had just gotten home from a hike and thought it would be cool to take a notebook next time. I figured a notebook would get ruined really quickly. Then I remembered the books! I've been looking at way to much stuff on Etsy, and came up with the idea to make hard back travel journals for the boys. They are excited for their next hike or outdoor trip. Shane wants to tape things in his. I think they'll be great for them and they'll make a great childhood treasure.
The books at the beginning.

After I attacked them with a razor blade.



The paper after many test punches.

Bound books.


Shane's and Jackson's.


I added pockets for them too.

3 comments:

Brandy said...

I love it! I want to make journals so bad, and I've tried (and failed) a few times. It's just so much work!

They're really cool! See - you are creative!

Steph @ Halfway to Somewhere said...

So cool!!!

A Carroll said...

And you always say your not creative.....