Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Friday, June 17, 2011

I don't do this often.

I don't do this often, in fact this may be a first outside the safety of Sunday School and Bible Study. We need prayers. I can't share many details and I hate to be glib about it. You all know we have a foster child. He's our third placement. His situation is horrific. Really horrific. Without any self centered egotistical meaning, I do think he is in the best possible home. I don't think anyone is his 'family' can give him the life we can or the love we can. I desperately want this child to stay in our home. Not because I don't want to say goodbye again (though I don't). Not because I don't want a broken heart (though I don't). He truly is safe and loved here.

Others could love him, maybe. Others could keep him safe, maybe. But not like we can. In my heart of hearts I feel like he's my child. If someone doesn't ask about him or his situation I can literally go days and forget he's not 'mine'. I didn't feel this way with my other two. I loved them to pieces, but early on we knew they weren't ours to keep, just to love for awhile. This guy is so different. Within 24 hours he felt like my child. I would throw myself in front of a bus or bullet just the same as my other three boys. I don't want him taken from this family. So pray with us. It's going to be a long process. Pray for all actions to be in our favor. Pray that his family realize he's best here. Pray that at the end of the process we can adopt him and claim him forever. He also has a sibling. I cannot get into more details, but please pray that the best home be found for his sibling. Sadly I know it's not our home, but the perfect home is not with the family either. Just pray for us. Please. Thank you so much. After reading so many blogs about adoption, funding, foster care. It's hard not to believe in the power of prayer. Please feel free to share as well. I love you all.

3 comments:

Heather C. King said...

“God can do anything, you know—far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us” (Ephesians 3:20, MSG).

Praying and praying and praying. I'm waking up in the middle of the night and praying. You are not alone in this.

Notsopc said...

I honestly believe that all will be okay.. Your home is where he belongs..

Cheryl B said...

Wow, Andrea your post brought tears to my eyes. I for one also believe that all things are possible, keep praying. We will all pray for you and what is best for this darling child. May God bless you by answering your prayers. Hugs.