I can't share much about his case or how things are going, but I will say we're re-doing the purple room. I found a great bedding set at the thrift store yesterday. I hemmed and hawwed over it for about 30 minutes. I put it back and then got it back in the cart and then put it back and then back in the cart. I'm so happy I finally chose to buy it. It was only $10 for the quilt, valances, bumper, and diaper stacker. I had also found three animal prints that I really liked before I found the bedding. After looking online, they actually go with the set. Now I have to repaint those dark dark purple walls. And all the girl furniture! I love the furniture, it's very solid, great for a little boy, but it's rather girly right now. I'm thinking about painting it dark blue with a white trim and new knobs. My goal is to have this done by July 4th, we'll see.There was a lot of Cub Scout issues last week that had to be worked out. I think we got the major issues covered. Johnny is taking the summer off as Cub Master and focusing on our family. There was a lot of petty nonsense going on and it was taking its toll. I'm thankful for the summer to relax and have fun just the 6 of us.
Johnny took the boys hiking in West Point yesterday afternoon. Fun for them and quiet time for me. The tried to geo-cache, but didn't know how to work the GPS thingy. BUT, the found one anyway! The kids came home bragging loudly of the treasure that they found and what they traded for! I guess we might have to invest in a real GPS unit if they get this excited about it!
| Those are some gross smelly boys! |
Anderson Academy is opening this afternoon. We're going to be focusing on finishing the non-essentials and work on lots of reading. There's lots of weeks of camps coming up, so there will be lots of individual time with each kid, reading. Sam will officially start Kindergarten. I can't believe that if I did send them to school, they would all be gone! (minus the baby) Time flies.
Also, for some randomness, we love our new kitty! She's a lot of fun. Our older cat keeps giving me looks "please woman, stop bringing home tiny things!!!"
Well that's it from the Anderson Clan. I'll try to get back into the blogging swing, for those loyal readers. All 2 of you :)
5 comments:
I am one of your 2 readers. lol Although I seriously think you have more than that!!!
thanks for the update...How's life at thousand trails? I wanna hear about that.
I just want you to know that every time you post a blog, I type a lively response in the comments, and then delete it. Because I don't want you to get the wrong idea.
Oops! I am number three does that mean I should have been really really quiet and not said anything?
Just so you know if you guys want to borrow my hand held GPS for geocaching sometime just to try it out you are welcome to. We have a ball with it.
Okay, no idea what geocaching is. But it seems pretty clear you have more than 2 readers.
Thanks for the update, we haven't talked in like a week!
yeah, and i read your blogs everyday!!! Sometimes i forget and go back and read two or three at a time---this past week has been crazy so I literally went back a week and a half of blogs!!!!! So yeah, I am a loyal follower, but for some reason it never has me on there
Post a Comment