Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Monday, June 27, 2011

"In the middle of my little mess."

I love this song. "In the middle of my little mess, I forget how big I'm blessed" Oh, I've been singing it for days as little things keep getting in my way of getting my to-do list done. But this song can make me stop and dance and have my kids look at me like I'm crazy! So here's what I'm in the middle of:
Would you believe there actually is order to this?

I haven't made it to this shelf yet.
So I'm in the middle of trying to turn this yard sale gone awry into a respectable place to learn. I've been collecting books for over 6 years and have things I know I'll never use. After 4 years of true homeschooling I have a realistic idea of what I'll use and won't use. BUT, it's so hard to get rid of stuff that I just might need. I'm trying! I'm having a hard time, I can't seem to get more than a half hour of time to get in there. I need hours. It's going to take days at this rate and anyone who knows me, knows I can't stand long term chaos. Well, it's a lesson in patience if nothing else!

2 comments:

Shell said...

You know I love that song! It is so easy to get caught up in what we consider a mess and loose sight of how truly blessed we are.

Steph @ Halfway to Somewhere said...

I totally understand having to do it in half hour bursts! When I moved I went through everything I own and threw so much away (you got some of it :) ). It takes a long time, but it's totally worth it!!!