There's a line in Harry Potter 7. Harry has Mundungus cornered and is demanding answers. "It felt wonderful to have something to do, someone of whom he could demand some small portion of truth." That's how I felt today. I didn't start off that way.
We keep getting calls from a recorded voice asking for someone who doesn't live here to call Vanderbilt and Associates. After ignoring it for a long time, I just wasn't in the mood this afternoon. They called right in the middle of me cutting chicken. I called them back. The man Rick Baxter who answered started off rude. I said "this person doesn't live here and I'd like my number removed." He said "did you just give them the phone?" I repeated that the person didn't live here. He said "well they put your number down as a reference and they have to remove it." I said again that the person didn't live here. He said "To repeat myself, the person who listed you has to call."
At this point he was getting really loud with me. I know this is a very sketchy agency because I had looked them up. They had over 30 complaints about illegal debt collecting. I knew he was purposely trying to get me mad to hand over some number. I number I don't even have.
I asked for a supervisor and he said "why so you can yell at him" To which I replied "Call my house again and I'll call the police and BBB." He then said he would hang up on me if I got any louder. So I did. I owe these people nothing. No one in my house does. They call all hours of day and night. I finally called to set it straight and had scare tactics used against me and was yelled at.
I don't yell at people on the phone. I've been an "associate" at a online store. I got yelled at many of times. I try hard to stay calm and know they are just doing their job. However, this man wasn't doing his job. It's illegal to keep my name on that list and he refused to let me speak to a supervisor. So I yelled. I yelled. And boy oh boy did it feel good. To be able to yell at someone. To be able to take my anger out on someone.
I know. I know. It wasn't very grace filled at all. I know. I know. But it still felt good. Besides this guy was harassing me. I called back twice once on house and once on the cell. It gets hung up on. So hopefully that means they won't call back anytime soon.
Oh, and I did report them to the BBB.
5 comments:
Good for you! Sometimes you just need to yell, and sometime people need to be yelled at! It's a win-win :)
Look up the guys name - it's a scam.
I know, it's one of those illegal collection things. It was still fun to yell. Thanks though.
THAT'S MY GIRL!!!!!!!!
Good for you! And it is so ok to yell at them! While my husband was in the military, we moved quite a bit and thus dealt with "wrong number calls" so, so much. It's incredibly frustrating to have to take time out of your day and them get treated poorly. Hopefully this will be the end of it. :)
Post a Comment