All debates aside. I loved my Harry Potter adventures with my friends. I loved staying up late and being silly. I loved the dinners out to talk about the movie. I loved standing in line at midnight to get my hands on the new book or see the new film. We had a great time and made fun memories. I cannot believe it's all over. I find it funny that I didn't start these books until the 5th one was released. I remember my horror of realizing that I had to wait 2 years for the new one. I was an adult with two kids when I started them. They are such a fun fantasy world. I can't wait to share Harry, Ron, and Hermonie with my boys. Knowing that they can start reading the books soon, makes me feel that it's not truly over just yet!
I went thrifting with my birthday money under strict orders to only buy things for myself. Mission Accomplished. I love thrift stores. I love yard sales. I love finding treasure in someone else's trash. I'm trying to come up with ideas that I can make at home. Therefore lately the camera goes with me while I shop.
My oldest boy is now a Webelo. I remember when he was a Tiger and looking at the "big boys" in the brown uniforms. I thought it would be forever until he was in one. Nope, it took moments. He's so handsome and growing up so fast. I realized the other day, his childhood is half over. He's 9. 9 more years and he'll be an adult. Too fast!!!
I've been on a bit of a winning streak lately. I got a box in the mail from Glade saying I had won a contest that I don't remember entering. Vaguely, but it was so long ago. I won two plug ins, a candle, and a can of air freshner. Silly, I know, but I got the biggest thrill over winning. I also won a ring from a blog I follow. I enter blog giveaways nearly daily and have yet to win. I was so excited. I also won a key necklace that is going to be personalized from an Etsy site. It's not here yet, but I'm excited!!!
1 comment:
Childhood really lasts well into your 30's these days. Don't worry, you've got time. And also, I like that shirt with the baby's Thanksgiving, but I don't like the text. AND ALSO. Ashlee used to entire sweepstakes and do surveys and stuff like it was her job. She was freaking smart about it, tho, because she would do them for two or three hours on a Saturday, and then get little checks all month for $20 or $30.
She also won TWO iPod Touches that way.
Post a Comment