Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

What's Old Is New

If you've read my blog for more than 5 minutes than you know I love thrifting. If you're new, well I love thrifting. I've gotten some amazing ideas from Etsy and Pintrest, recently. (also I love that thrifting, Etsy, and Pintrest are all coming up as misspelled words!) Anyway, I've found some great thrift store finds and even made a project or two. Here's the most recent stuff.
This frame was found for $3.00 and looks great with one of my The Abstract Bedouin pieces.
This bird was thrifted as were the hoop rings. I found the fabric idea on Etsy. These fabrics were $1.00 each at a local antique shop.
This is my new favorite find. I love the shape and the number font. It was hidden in a pile for $.99! I love it!

2 comments:

Me and My Boys said...

See, now you found some great things! I read all these blogs about thrifting and I think "I NEED to do that!" But I never do. It seems so overwhelming. I really need to get over it and just do it! Maybe in two weeks after my older starts kinder (ahhh!) and I will only have one set of hands to worry about. :)

Andrea said...

It's my happy place. I go there when I need to get away for an hour. It's really cheap therapy :_)