Uggg. After a very long week of being sick, I am finally on the mend. I NEVER go to the doctor for illness. I've been exactly 4 times in 6 years and TWO of those times have been in the last month. Annoying. It doesn't help that my doctor's office can never get me in for two or three days. I mean who wakes up and says...hmm, I think I'll be in terrible pain in the three days so I'd better make an appointment. Really! So I have to pay double the co-pay and go to Urgent Care and get in and out in 20 minutes. Twice in the last month, once for strep and now for this awful sinus crud. I get sinus infections all the time and they go away in a few days with liberal use of Advil Cold and Sinus, but not this time! Everytime I woke thinking, I think it's better, I would sneeze and my head gave me a tiny explosion. So off to Urgent Care we went. Three prescriptions later, I'm feeling slighty more human. Dr. Justis said it's been the worst sinus season that he's seen in years. Lucky me. So here's what mommy being sick looks like around here.
The directions on one of the prescriptions was so insane that I had to make a check list to make sure I took them at the right time and I quote "take 2 pills by mouth 3 times daily for 3 days, take 2 pills twice daily for three days, take 1 pill twice daily for 3 days, then take 1 pill once daily for the last three days" Yikes! And the meds say that it can leave user with a feeling of "euphoria", I'm eagerly awaiting that side effect :)
I must say my dear hubby really stepped up. He took off early on Friday to take care of me, but I wasn't quite so miserable yet, all weekend, he got up with the kids, and ran the outside so I could sleep and nap. He made dinner and took off on Monday and drove me to Urgent Care, got my meds, made dinner again, I got a three hour nap. Then the kicker was he folded and put away ALL the weekend laundry. On the downside, this is the result of ONE day of me not doing laundry around here.
There is already a load of towels in the washer at this point. Insane, laundry is the enemy! Well at least I didn't catch Desperate Housewives on Sunday as a result of the worst headache I've ever had, so I'll be watching and folding this afternoon. Now, off to teach my kids something, they got an impromptu school vacation.
3 comments:
Poor thing Andrea, but it sounds like Johnny has been great through all of this. I had to laugh at your laundry. That looks like a very familiar sight! Yesterday I was doing weekend laundry and I did 7 loads. Yep, 7.
My totaled 4, for one day! Thank goodness for Johnny or I would have had 20 loads!
That Johnny should nominated for sainthood. Shoot, I'll do it.
Post a Comment