"In a world where there is the undeniable presence of AIDS, death, heartbreak, pain, and longing, there is also love, laughter, forgiveness, and friends who light up when they see you. And while I wrestle with understanding God's role in the former, I should not be confused about God's presence in the latter. This is the moral of our story, that in a world filled with pain and fear and confusion, there is a God who is more good, more generous, and more full of grace than we could possibly imagine. And as wildly as he offers himself to us, so should we offer ourselves to him, no longer living the risk-free distance of all assumptions, but up close and personal, so we can see just how good and generous this King truly is."

1 comment:
Hmm. That's interesting. One thing I've noticed about hanging out with Christians is that we like to be close when things are going well. But the first second something goes wrong, or we do something we're ashamed of, we retreat into our caves and try to hide. It's weird because I think that's the time we need each other most.
Post a Comment