Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Farmer's Marker 2010 season.

Ware Neck Produce in Gloucester is officially open! I was actually in the shop as they were hanging the 'open for season' sign! I love this place. I just have a hard time remembering to go there. From our old house I would drive right by it, but it's out of my way now. However, while dropping off a car seat, I saw that is was opened and stopped! Their prices are so good and it smelled so wonderful in there. I grabbed my green bag and left the kids in the car right out front. I was in and out with a huge bag of produce in under 5 minutes! I got romaine lettuce, iceburg lettuce, red bell pepper, 2 cucumbers, 3 bags of baby carrots, 6 oranges, a 3 pound bag of apples, a huge stalk of celery, and a container of fresh basil for $17.50!!!! They have fresh eggs too which I forgot to grab, but I will next time. For a little more than store prices they have jams, jelly, and lots of hot sauces, and spaghetti sauces. I think I'll budget to try some different stuff this year. Anyway. Here's some shots of my yummy finds today!.

3 comments:

Jermaine Walker said...

Even tho I have no love for vegetables, I am commenting here to let you know that I read this. I read because I care.

Also, what is a Famer's Marker?

Andrea said...

Crap, I've read that 5 times and never noticed it.

Jermaine Walker said...

Haha. You're forgiven because I spelled it wrong in my post, too!