Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Saturday, October 29, 2011

What might have been.

Yesterday was 6 months since M has been with us. 6 months marks the day we could have started the adoption process (in our state they have to be in your home 6 months even if they are legally free for adoption) Also yesterday was a very important court case that the conclusion to should have had us jumping for joy. Yesterday should have been one of the best days of our lives. Instead, it was a regular Friday.

However on our 'regular' Friday, it was delightful Forks weather. I had a great talk with  Brandy. We carved pumpkins amid laughter. We watched Gulliver's Travels as a family. I window shopped on Amazon for Christmas. I made delicious stuffed shells. M was in a great mood and was being adorable. We had a successful trip to Walmart. I worked on CubScouts and got to see all the strides the boys are making. Johnny made it home safely. It was a good day. Sure it could have been a million times better, but I refuse to let his inevitable goodbye ruin all the good memories from now until then.

We are surrounded by an amazing support system. When I think back about 6 years ago, we had so very little true people. Today, I can't even go to Walmart without finding someone who wants to offer their love and support. It really does make it easier. We love you all.

5 comments:

Steph @ Halfway to Somewhere said...

I think it makes things easier to find the good amidst the bad. It's there if you look. Give hugs to everyone, and have Johnny hug you from me!

Notsopc said...

*SIGH*
And on your list you get to come home for food, fun and Black Friday!!!!! Give all my grands and big kiss.. extra for the little guy.
Also, How did six months go by that fast???

Holly Aytes said...

Andrea, so glad that you have such a great support system. I ditto your mom...where did 6 months go? You and your family do such an amazing thing by loving on these children even if it is only for a short time (and even when it doesn't work out the way you hoped). We have some friends here that foster and they just got a little one last week....they have had many over the years and have only had the opportunity to "keep" one but the mom always says she wouldn't stop fostering b/c she feels that fostering is very important. Glad you are enjoying the good memories and not thinking about the negative...sometimes it is so easy to dwell on the negative (I am talking about in any area of life).

Steph @ Halfway to Somewhere said...

I just re-read this because I was thinking about what an amazing little family you have and how much what you're doing affects the lives of others. Love you!

Me and My Boys said...

Hugs and prayers. It's all in HIS timing and doing. :)