Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Well it's been awhile

It's been awhile, a year and a half. I was going to just start a whole new blog, but I really like the title to this one :) Anyway, I won't begin to update on everything that has happened since my last blog, but I'll just start anew. We've been snowed in again this weekend. That makes for two weekends.
I'm going a little stir crazy. Thanks okay though, my escape artist friend, Charity, and I are hopefully running away this week for a movie and dinner. After all Johnny is heading to Colorado on Friday morning. I just made the most awesome crock pot dinner ever. Jambalaya! So very easy for you crock pot lovers. You'll have to excuse the picture, I didn't think to take the picture until my second bowl and by then it was almost gone!!!
Recipe:
Chopped: onion, green pepper, 2 stalks of celery
Diced: 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, 2 Italian sausages
Seasonings: 1tps cayenne pepper, 2tps oregano, parsley, cajun seasoning
Canned: 1 (28oz) diced tomatoes with juice
Mix above ingredients in crock pot, 7-8 hours on low or 3-4 on high.
30 minutes before cook time is over add one bag of frozen shrimp without tails
Serve over your choice of rice. So super yummy!

Also I think the kids might be going a little crazy as well.
This is from the last few weekends.

1 comment:

Jermaine Walker said...

Okay, I'm just putting this here so you know I actually came here and read this. I don't know what to say about it, but I'm just getting started, so give me a break!

Oh, alright. I guess I liked the pics.