Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Friday, February 12, 2010

Quiet time!

Johnny has flown off to Colorado to visit one his good friends. Adam is one of America's heroes and will be deploying to Iraq next month. I was so happy to be able to send Johnny out to see him before he leaves. They moved quite awhile ago, so it's good for them to see each other. Adam was a groomsman in our wedding and Johnny was in his. Anyway, after a long day of him being gone (though probably longer for him and all his flight mess). I got the kids to bed on time and am relaxing in the quiet. I have spent most of the evening painting a bunch of small items around the house. Now, this household only has one camera so I can't show you the cool before shots, but when the camera gets home from it's vacation, I'll post the awesome afters! I painted a solid oak frame black, it had a wonderful picture of a snow covered mountain and now the picture just pops with it's new frame. I also painted a small key holder type shelf black and painted the knobs white, I also made a wood clock black and a small sofa table is now black and white. It's sounds like too much, but the entryway to the house looks great now!!! And I used some great little colored glass vases I found at a yard sale to adorn the shelf and added a basket and bamboo plant to the sofa table. It looks great and it was fun to change up the entryway free of charge.

3 comments:

Notsopc said...

I'll see them soon. If we can't make it this coming weekend. we'll come over next three day.. Like the new look..

Anonymous said...

Hi, My name is Kristi Gesink and I work for the Homeschooling Company Alpha Omega Publications. I noticed after reading through your blog that you are using our LifePac and Horizons curriculum to teach your children at home. We would like to say a big thank you for mentioning our curriculum on your blog and we would appreciate it very much if you would please turn that mention into an actual link at http://www.aophomeschooling.com, that way friends and readers can simply click on the link and find out more information about your great curriculum choice!

If you have any questions please email me at tkgesink@mtcnet.net

Thanks again and may God bless your day!
Kristi Gesink
AOP

Jermaine Walker said...

Well, aren't you just the little artisan?