Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Time Change, Matthew, Shane

It's 6:44 and the sun is still shining. I swear I hear angels singing. I despise standard time. It's so depressing when it's pitch black by 5pm. I get all anxious thinking the day is over and nothing is done. I like it until Christmas, after that I want spring.

Matthew has been fighting a bug. He's seen the doctor twice, been in the ER, and Urgent Care, everyone says it's just a virus, but my bug is waking up at night or early in the morning with a 104 fever. Medicine is given and the fever goes down and he's running around again. Then it goes away for a day or two and then comes back with force. He's feeling better at the moment.

Shane bridged over to Boy Scouts this weekend. Without being in school, time passing seems slower, there's no grade levels or graduations, and now all of a sudden he's in Boy Scouts. They have a beautiful ceremony where they cross an actual bridge and join their new troop. They give the new scout their new neckerchief, book, and epaulets. They then say the oath and the law of Boy Scouts. Then they canoed out to Scout Island and camped. I watched my little boy cross into young manhood. He looked so grown up and so little at the same time. The boys in his troop towered over him and had facial hair! 11-18 years old. I'm so nervous about him hanging out with boys older than him, he's always been the oldest. I know it'll be good, put him in his place a little bit :) But to see these boys and know in the blink of an eye Shane will be welcoming new scouts with them, whew. Time seems to be flying all of a sudden.

Last Gathering as Cub Scouts.

Crossing Over!

Seems like days ago he was a wee Tiger.

Saying the Oath.

Seriously, look how grown and little he looks.


Sailing away.

2 comments:

Notsopc said...

It sure was a nice ceremony.. Glad I got to see it.

Holly Aytes said...

I know you are so proud! And you are right...he does look little and big at the same time!