A LOT has happened this week. Monday started off awful with a horrid doctor appointment with Carlee. I had to fill out the standard forms of what she's doing and I had to check "not yet" on all of them. She scored 5 out of 300. There really needs to be another form for special needs children. That paperwork was really depressing. She ended up having a few issues. Her new medicine regime has to be tracked, there's that much. Matthew fell and hurt his arm which resulted in an ER trip. Then he got sick from whatever he caught at the ER. And Carlee needed an emergency eye exam. Lots of trips over the bridge this week.
However, we have really good news! All of her specialists are getting together and are going to go over all her issues and reports and cultures. I hope that someone can find a solution. There's lots of bandaids happening, and I want something fixed. All this medicine can't be that good for her, and none of it is working perfectly. So I'm looking forward to that meeting. Speaking of meetings, my March calendar is exploding. Already.
It was a rough week. My anxiety is somewhat under control. The new medicine is working well, I think, but it's not kicked in all the way, it's only been two weeks. From what I've read it can take 4-6 weeks to really work and 6-12 to take full effect. I'm hopeful. I'm still weepy a bit, but feeling much more like myself. Johnny brought me home a sweet card. I love him. And daffodils are blooming! I framed his card and how can you not smile when you see daffodils.
When Carlee was first diagnosed I went out and had retail therapy. I bought a wimpy little plant for the house. Just like Carlee, it's blooming so well! Every time I go upstairs I smile at my plant. The boys all hate that it's hanging by the stairs, they always hit their head, which I can't understand. But my plant is loving it's sunny spot. I love covering the house in plants. Everywhere in Forks has plants. Restaurants, stores, houses, even the hardware store. It's so green there. So I started buying plants after my first trip there two years ago. I love all my green.
I made a new potato soup recipe today. It is heavenly! I love love potato soup. This is creamy and delicious. And it's even pretty looking. Potato Soup on a chilly day. Makes me a happy girl.
Last but not least, my mom just sent this picture. Her duck has identity issues.






2 comments:
I miss the daffodils in VA (not as much as I miss you though!). We still have snow and cold :( Call me sometime when you're not buried under meetings and babies :)!
How'd you get daffodils already??? and that is Chuck.. Chuck the Duck.. Ch (chicken)
uck (duck
Chuck.. He really does think he's a chicken.. He has no idea he is different except he stays outside the coop at night..
Love you..
Post a Comment