Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Friday, March 22, 2013

One Year Ago

One year ago today, I packed up my beloved son and drove him to him his home. I tried to be okay with it, I really thought I was. I hated it of course, but this was the way it had worked out. I wanted him in his new home by his first birthday, it seemed symbolic. It's not goodbye, it's see you later. That's what I told myself as my heart shattered. A mere two weeks later he was back in my home. And a very LONG 11 months later he became my forever son. My Matthew. I can't believe how much has happened in this year. Tomorrow is his second birthday and he will be with us and for every birthday after. I can look back and see the puzzle pieces all fitting together. I still wish I hadn't had to say goodbye in the first place, but I would have done it a dozen more time if that meant he would become mine. His name means God is Good, God is Gracious, God is my Judge. How fitting. My amazing little boy. Last year I thought my heart was breaking. One year later, I burst with joy at my newest son and the knowledge he's legally and forever ours!

No comments: