Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Saturday, January 5, 2013

This

This was a Christmas card. I just loved it. I stared at it all the time. I couldn't put it away with the others at the end of the season. So I framed it. There's just something about it that I love. It's so peaceful and full of hope and promises. But it's also just a mother looking lovingly into the eyes of her child. Not caring that he's been sent to her by God. Not caring that she was gossiped about. Not caring that she didn't even get to have sex and had to endure labor. Not caring about the circumstances of His birth, the pain and filth of a stable. She's forgotten all that. She's just in love with her child. Just like the rest of us. In this moment.

1 comment:

Notsopc said...

It really is a pretty picture..