Sandy. You lovely lady. You're fashionably late my dear. The end of October is no time for a storm. You may want to turn away before you embarrass yourself.
All kidding aside. Our hatches are battened and the batteries are charged. The generator is full and I even remembered to buy extra diapers and wipes. Storm wise I'm not overly worried, it's the power outage that is pretty much a guarantee. I am holding great hope in the tree truck people. They are been all around our streets and surrounding neighborhoods the last few weeks, trimming the limbs from the power lines. Fingers crossed.
If all else fails, me and the five kids will head to my mom's house. The house where my mother, father, brother, and two nieces live. It'll be fun, really.
We have a generator. We've failed miserably in the secondary heat source. Our fire place smelled all gassy. We unhooked it two years ago, meaning to call. Opps. Think they'll come out in a hurricane like event? Praying the power stays on, and if it does go out that it doesn't get too cold. This summer when we lost power, it was the worst ever. 6 days in July heat. Horrid. We drove around in the van to cool off. Might have to drive around to warm up this time. Thank goodness we *I* have a hoodie compulsion. We'll be toasty and babies have footie pajamas. Hmm, they have adult ones at Walmart, maybe we should all get a pair.
Okay, enough rambling from me. Oh, and some super good news! We got a call last week saying "You've been officially approved to adopt M" Just waiting on paperwork now!!!!!!
1 comment:
I love how calm you are! I wouldn't be calm at all...I don't do storms! YEAH for the good news about the adoption! Very exciting!
Post a Comment