Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Info Overload

We're heading in the direction that Ladybug either has Autism or is on the Spectrum. It's taking an unethical amount of time to get her into a Developmental Pediatrician. In the mean time we've had her hearing testing, ear tubes put it, Nuero consults which resulted in an MRI and an EEG, we have a gastro consult which will result in a GI scope, Early Intervention Therapy 8 times a month, and many many check ups. No one can give me an answer until we can put together all the pieces with the Developmental Doctor. The minimum wait I've gotten in 4-5 months with the longest being 9-10 months. Just to get a consult!

I am trying to gather my information. Holy crow, there is a lot of information. I'm leaning towards the Gluten/Casein/Soy free diet. It looks so daunting. Also, I'm looking into DAN! doctors. There's a few in the area, well area(ish).

I don't/can't reveal to much of her past, but she has issues. The least of which is she's been in care since she was born. She was born at only 28 weeks. She didn't have any testing she needed long ago. There's a lot we have to figure out.

Are her issues the result of environment, lack of early intervention, genetic, result of being born so early, or something medical, like Autism.

So I'm filling folders with links and information, immersing myself in the world of Autistic Parents. I may not have to stay here depending on what the doctors finally get around to saying, but I want all the information I can get to help my girl.

3 comments:

Meghan said...

She is so very blessed to have a mama like you on her side. You have my prayers, friend!

Notsopc said...

Whew!!!!! She's a sweetie..

Tiffany said...

You know I am surprised they didnt talk about allergy testing when they put her ear tubes in. They did when we got Molly's done last month. Thanksfully we do not have any food allergies....environmental is another story!! Good luck!