Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Hey! I like you!

We took our trip! My husband had to work until 1:30am. We left the house at 3:00am. We arrived in Seattle at 2pm Eastern time. We arrived in Forks at 6pm Eastern time. We were painfully tired. We slept. When we woke up, we hit the ground running.

We didn't stop. Makah day, hike to Cape Flattery, hike to Shi Shi beach, hike the Hoh Rainforest, hike to Ruby beach, hike to third beach, hike to Rialto beach, and did I mention we hiked!


Have you met me? I am an indoor girl. When Brandy and I went we hiked a little. We spent time shopping, gazing, geeking out. I knew it would be a different trip with my outdoorsy husband. So we hiked. There are no easy beaches, you must hike to them and from them. The beaches are beyond worth it though.

Somewhere in the midst of our 4 childless days, I discovered something. I really really like my husband. Sure, I knew I loved him beyond words, but I really like him. We had time to talk, really talk. Time to listen. Time to get to know each other again. Who we are outside of work, kids, housekeeping, cooking, etc. We really like each other. He made me laugh until my cheeks and stomach hurt. My made my heart feel swollen with his love for me.




We haven't had major ups and downs in our relationship. We've grown up together. (Getting married at 19 and 20 will make you do that). So after 11 years of marriage, not only would I do it again in a heartbeat, but I'd tell my 20 year old self how much better it was going to get.

5 comments:

cscouten said...

Sweet...so glad you had an amazing experience!

cscouten said...

Sweet...so glad you had an amazing experience!

cscouten said...

Sweet...so glad you had an amazing experience!

Notsopc said...

Happy face for you...:))))))

Holly Aytes said...

I think that is wonderful. It was like that on our cruise last month. We are so busy with work and being parents that we forget to be Matt and holly. And you are right about growing up together...we were 20 when we got married. I would do it all over again!