I decided this week I would do freezer meals. I've seen them all over Pintrest and I know a few families who do once-a-month cooking. I'm sure I couldn't do that, but I wanted to try. So I went to Trader Joe's and bought some good meat and vegetables. Then to Walmart to get the rest of our food. I'm attempting to get the kids off of food dye, so the Trader Joe's run was necessary it's just easier to find dye free stuff there. Anyway so with money spent, I was ready to get two weeks worth the food. Here's what my counter looked like:
A few hours and a bunch of dishes later I had the following meals ready to go:
2 baked ziti
2 BBQ chicken
2 bags of shredded chicken
2 bags of homemade chicken broth
2 bags of spaghetti sauce
2 bags of taco meat
3 bags of chicken stuff
3 bags of diced vegetables
Most are crock pot meals. I'm so excited to just pull out a bag and warm and serve. I want to plan other meals that aren't frozen so that I'll get a stock of freezer meals. We eat out way to much. I'm hopeful this will curb that last minute of "we don't have anything to eat" whine that leads to Chick-fil-A or Dominoes Pizza.

1 comment:
I love freezer cooking but have been terrible about doing it. When ever I do do it I enjoy the break from cooking!
Post a Comment