Our journey as a homeschooling, foster care, adoptive family!

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Day of the Living Museum.

Shane and Jackson are off with Daddy on a Family Camp retreat. Yes, a family camp, I know. First, I hate camping, second it was 31 degrees last night, and third we have the baby. So all that to say I didn't go. Since I didn't go, that meant Sam stayed here with me. He got a 'special day'. Anytime his brother's aren't here, he calls it his special day. Since this time it really was a special day he got to pick his dinner and dessert. I swear he's a pregnant lady. "Chinese food and ice cream sandwiches" Today I took him to the Virginia Living Museum. They were having two special activities today. Day of the Living Museum and Night of the Living Museum. Day was $2.00 night was $7.00. We went during the day. It was really cute. Crafts and cheesy games. I'm glad I didn't take the other two. It was really geared for kids under 5. He had a great time!

The yellow jacket portion of his costume.

In the Witch's Cave.

This was cool. We've seen this gator dozens of times and he's never in the water. He looked like he was coming straight at us!

Games




Posing with the tornado side of his costume.


It was interesting all day answering "what is he?" The child wanted to be "a half tornado half yellow jacket" and that is what he is. I love homemade costumes, I just wish I was a little better at making them.

No comments: