Our Eclipse evening was quite a night. A few of us seem to be missing the pure joy of the Twilight premiere. We're probably going to to something a little different next year for the Breaking Dawn premiere. We still had a great time. 6 hours in the theater!
My next night however! We went to the IMAX for a Twilight themed dinner party. We were having a great time and my friend started to not feel well and she fell. We ended up in the E.R. and we were scared to death! She's going to be okay, just needs lots of rest from a skull fracture!!!! It's insane.
After getting home from all that I had to take Little Miss to her visitation with her 'mother' only to find out that she will get a visit with her 'father' as well. Thankfully my kids were with me, I was about to lose it! As it was I cried most of the way home. Her father is incredibly abusive towards her mother. He's a complete drunk and has a court record three pages long. (as does her mother). He did say he knows he has no chance of getting her and that he just wanted to see A. He brought his 19 year old daughter who had never seen her little sister before. But still the social worker had to physically take the baby out of my arms. I just froze, it all triggered within me at that moment. She is mine! So needless to say, we're going to fight for this one! Every close family member to them has a court record. The only decent relative is in West Virginia and by the time that would go through it would be over a year. It would be detrimental to A to leave after that time. She is a very clingy baby! Little Jay was a happy go lucky kid. His family really wanted him and they were all good people. (even his mother, she just needs a lot of parenting classes, he is in his grandparents custody right now). This family is totally different. The county where A is seems to want to place A with us. I think they will make that recommendation. I even hope to get to talk to the one family that wants her and explain how terrible it would be on her, and they are a foster family, so she has to know! It's going to be a long road, but I'm going to fight for this baby! She deserves a home where she's loved.
So all that to say, it's been a rather emotional week. I'm thankful for the three day weekend. Not really sure of our plans yet. There's a parade tomorrow that the Cub Scouts will march in, maybe staying for fireworks! I do still want to get to the theater to see a second showing of Eclipse. Praying for my friends speedy recovery! She needs so much help and rest!
1 comment:
Wow...what an emotional week! We have some friends here that foster, they have had a little boy for 6 months and it looks like he is going to be with them permanently...mom just can't do it and dad isn't in the picture at all. It is sad that you have to fight to give this little one a chance but so glad that you are willing to! Hope y'all have a great 4th and that your friend gets better!
Post a Comment