So I have to confess. I hate forts. I have a strong dislike for things that purposely make a mess. I tolerate art projects. I'm just not a fun mom in that way. If you want to go outside and drag every toy we own, by all means, go ahead. If you want to pull out my freshly folded and organized blankets to put them over some chairs, well, I hope you enjoyed mommy, she's entering the asylum. I just don't like to be unorganized. A fort to me is an 'on purpose' mess. I'm all for my kids having fun with their toys. I'm okay with putting a blanket over the table, maybe. But dragging chairs into the living room, blankets galore, and of course you must add the toys. By the time the fort is all set up for enjoyment, they find their selves bored of it.
All that to say. Today the two older boys were out doing a service project. This left poor pitiful Sam to play all alone. That is until the baby woke up. The next thing I know, my little princess has pulled off the "comfy" blankets out of their hidey hole cubby. Sam wants to make a fort. So I sucked it up and made the kid a fort to play in. All was well until clean up time...minute 45! Oh well, I tried.
The start of the 'fun' when little Miss pulled everything out. With Sam cheering her on. (yes, I know her face is showing, but it's blurry)
All that work and he wants to watch TV, you don't want to know what's under there!!!
No it's not a fort, but another version of random mess making that kills me! I love for them to have fun, it's the clean up I hate!
5 comments:
Els and I made a fort in our freshman dorm room with her mattress and lots of blankets! Forts are awesome (but yes, messy)!
I am the same way! I hate the mess that forts make and mine too spend 30 minutes to make it and after 5 minutes of playing are done! And guess who gets to fold all the blankets back up....mom! Glad to know I am not alone!
Thank you for your comment. Made me excited that other people are reading my blog! Keep it up!
I can't wait to check out yours.
I don't even have to tell him that to know he'll laugh!
I am a special ed major so he knows I understand the importance of school.
Also, what is your maiden name? Last night he figured out he knows your husband, but he wasn't sure who you were :\
great "meeting" you
Ah, forts. What can I say? Totally agree with you on the clean-up but man does it keep them busy for awhile!
Post a Comment