My friend sent me this today and asked if this was how I was feeling. Why yes, that just about sums it up. For me, for our family. Things are FINALLY moving forward with sweet Baby M. We're thisclose to adoption. I didn't go to court today. My hubby wanted to go and have a chance to speak to bio dad and show his support to. He said it was a bit emotional. Everyone was commended bio dad on making a good choice for his son. We are over the moon. I want to hug bio dad, I know he loves his son and I know this choice was very hard for him. I'm very hopeful for an ongoing open adoption.
Then to totally change the subject. I just found out that we're going to Forks again next summer/fall. Johnny has to go to Seattle for work and I found that VERY unfair. But we figured out that I can fly out after him, spend three whole days in Forks and it will only cost 2 vacation days. And my mommy already agreed to watch the kiddos. (hopefully all 5 of them will be officially ours by then). I know there's a whole world to see, but ohhhh how I adore Washington!
And this happened:
I said to Carleigh's OT "I know we're not the
perfect home for her, but..." and she stopped me dead in my sentence and
said "Let me step out of my OT role and into a friend role, God DOES
NOT MAKE MISTAKES, it's no coincidence that she's here, God knew she'd
be here from the day she was born. It's easy to get caught up in all her
diagnoses and what we have to fix. It's no surprise that to God that
she's this way. We don't know why, but there's a reason. And I firmly
believe God put her in this family to help her and heal her, for a
reason, He makes no mistakes."
So all in all a very lovely day. Soon, oh so soon, I'll be posting pictures of my baby boy for all to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:
YEAH!!!!
What wonderful news! We have some friends here who foster and they just adopted their 4th! They have no biological b/c they said they felt called to take in children who were already here but not able to be with bio parents for one reason or another. In fact our small group is going to be watching all 4 kids Sunday afternoon so they can have a much needed date :) As for Forks...can I go too! LOL I don't take up much room in a suitcase :)
I love an Andrea Blog! It's so honest! I am so glad that your Foster-to-Adopt life is going to give you the ending you have longed for! What I'm not happy about is that you are yet again going to Forks with out me! can Mom watch my kids and husband and I tag along! LOL! JK
Post a Comment